Wine is about good flavors, good friends, and good fun.
Why should work be any different?
Highland Wine Merchants is a family-owned wine broker in the state of New Hampshire. Our business is built on bringing remarkable wines and spirits to the New Hampshire market and our portfolio is acclaimed by licensees and consumers across the state.
Share your love of wine with others and make money at the same time! Highland Wine Merchants is looking for a wine-lover to host in-store tasting events promoting our products. You do not need to be an expert, but you should have an interest in wine and a willingness to learn more. Enjoyment in engaging and interacting with people is essential. Anyone can pour a sample– successful candidates will demonstrate an ability to do more.
This is a part-time opportunity, mostly Thursday, Friday, and Saturday afternoons and evenings.
Responsibilities and Duties
Conduct in-store alcohol sample events in retail locations
- Study product information prior to event (detailed product information will be provided)
- Set up tasting station – Must bring your own supplies and tools: sample table, ice bucket, table cloth, opener, etc.
- Record activity and report via email after events
Qualifications and Skills
- Working knowledge of wine
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Enjoy interacting with people and selling
- Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and proof of valid automobile insurance
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Experience in a wine-related industry a plus
- NH Total Education in Alcohol Management certificate (free online course)
- CSW, WSET, or Sommelier a plus
- Multiple locations