For information on where to purchase our wines, please contact us.
Kiona Columbia Valley Chardonnay
Although designated as Columbia Valley on the label, this 2015 Chardonnay is in fact 100% Estate Red Mountain fruit from the Kiona Estate vineyard. These old vines represent approximately 1/3 of Red Mountain’s pioneering 1975 planting. Now 40 years old, this three-acre block produces elegant wines worthy of attention.
Kiona’s philosophy with this wine is to split the difference between oaky/buttery Chardonnay and high-tone un-oaked Chardonnay. 24% of the 2015 vintage was aged in new French oak for 14 months, and the remaining 76% spent its time in stainless steel. The resulting blend showcases crisp acidity and fresh fruit found in un-oaked Chardonnay along with the rich, creamy roundness and complexity of an oaked Chardonnay.